Jason Zook (formerly Jason Headsetsdotcom, Jason Sadler, and Jason SurfrApp) is an unconventional marketer, entrepreneur, and speaker. Tired of living a life that felt prescribed to him by society, Jason used his out-of-the-box thinking and ingenuity to create multiple profitable Internet-based businesses.
Jason created IWearYourShirt.com in 2008, a company that used sponsored t-shirts to promote over 1,600 businesses on social media, and then in 2012 and 2013, he auctioned off his last name to the highest bidders. In his book, “Creativity For Sale”, he shares his entrepreneurial story and gives practical advice for any creative professional looking to turn their passions into profit. Jason’s been featured on The Today Show, CBS Evening News, USA Today, and The New York Times.
Learn more about Jason at Jason Does Stuff.
In this episode you will learn…
- Getting Out Of The Grind Of Having To Sell Everything That You Create
- The Result Of Constantly Looking At How Anybody Else Is Doing Anything
- The Value Of Following A Path That’s Already Laid Down By Someone Else
- The Importance Of Doing Something That Feels Congruent & Interesting To You
- How To React When Things Go Wrong
- Working Your Way Through A Negative Mindset
- What To Do When You Don’t Know Anybody You Can Sell Your Products To
- Jason’s Secret Weapon For Getting Things Done
Resources Mentioned in the Episode…
- Jason Does Stuff
- Jason’s Tools
- Buy My Future
- Creativity For Sale by Jason Zook
- Body of Work: Finding the Thread That Ties Your Story Together by Pamela Slim
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
- The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph by Ryan Holiday
- Acuity Scheduling
I create this podcast for you, my valued listener. It’s so much fun and I’m looking forward to continuing to do this for a long time. Thank you for being a part of my journey.
I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below. I read and personally respond to every one.
If you’d like to stay up-to-date with our schedule and other exciting news and events, subscribe to my email list using the button below.
Interested in supporting the show? CLICK HERE for all the details!