Dorie Clark is a marketing strategy consultant, professional speaker, and frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, TIME, Entrepreneur, the World Economic Forum blog, and many other publications.
Recognized as a “branding expert” by the Associated Press, Fortune, and Inc. magazine, she is the author of Reinventing You, Stand Out which was named the #1 Leadership Book of 2015 by Inc. magazine and was a Washington Post bestseller, and a brand new book I'll be asking her about today.
Clark consults and speaks for a diverse range of clients, including Google, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, and the impressive list goes on. Dorie Clark was formerly a presidential campaign spokeswoman, is an adjunct professor of business administration at Duke University and a Visiting Professor at IE Business School in Madrid, Spain and has taught marketing and communications at a long list of Colleges and Universities across the United States.
A former New England Press Association award-winning journalist, Dorie directed of the environmental documentary film, The Work of 1000 and supports many philanthropic organizations. At only 14 years old Dorie entered Mary Baldwin College’s Program for the Exceptionally Gifted and at 18 graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Smith College, then two years later received her Master's degree in Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School.
Learn more about Dorie at DorieClark.com.
In this episode you will learn…
- Online Learning Is The New Norm
- How To Get Your Talents Recognized
- How To Know When To Change Your Business Model
- Why Growing Businesses Need To Be Prepared To Pivot
- Reframing Rejection: What To Do When You Get Rejected
- Pushing Yourself To Ask For More, Not Less
- How To Get Your Family To Support You The Right Way
- The Importance Of Building A Platform First
Resources Mentioned in the Episode…
- Free 42-Page Stand Out Self-Assessment Workbook
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
- Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time by Keith Ferrazzi
- Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future by Dorie Clark
- The Emyth by Michael E. Gerber
I create this podcast for you, my valued listener. It’s so much fun and I’m looking forward to continuing to do this for a long time. Thank you for being a part of my journey.
I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below. I read and personally respond to every one.
If you’d like to stay up-to-date with our schedule and other exciting news and events, subscribe to my email list using the button below.
Interested in supporting the show? CLICK HERE for all the details!