In this episode, I talk with renowned thought leader, Gay Hendricks, about his new book ‘The Joy of Genius’ which aims to free people of negative thinking patterns and propel them into their own zone of genius so they can to do what they love most while also making their biggest contribution to the world.
This is the follow up book that closes the loop on The Big Leap which has inspired and helped countless individuals around the world step up into a bigger and more fulfilling life.
Through practical advice and personal stories, Gay shares how in just 10 minutes a day you can discover your true potential and creativity with less resistance and more ease. He tells me, “Once you love yourself and figure out what your purpose is, the universe will fall all over itself to support you.”
If you’re ready to tap into your own genius and accomplish big things, listen in as Gay and I discuss how to harmonize your mind and body to align with your zone of genius, why you have to open up to your fears in order to control your mental energy, how to get into a “free state of wonder” (and why you should), why “incompletion” is at the root of mental clutter and how to fix it, the number one question you need to ask yourself to stay in your zone of genius and many more powerful insights.
In This Episode You Will Learn
- How to Unify Your Mind and Body to Harmonize with Your True Genius
- 10 Minutes a Day to Discovering Your Personal Zone of Genius
- How to Get into a “Free State of Wonder” with “Wondering Questions”
- Why You MUST Open Up to Your Fears to Steer Your Own Energy System
- How “Incompletion” is the Root of All Mental Clutter and Overwhelm
- Why You Need to Close the “Loop of Incompletion” to Boost Creative Energy
- The Number One Question to Ask Yourself to Stay Committed to Cultivating Your Genius
- How to Get Out of the Zone of Incompetence and Bring Forth Your True Creativity
Gay Hendricks, Ph.D., has been a leader in the fields of relationship transformation and bodymind therapies for over 45 years.
After earning his Ph.D. in counseling psychology from Stanford, Gay served as professor of Counseling Psychology at the University of Colorado for 21 years.
He has written and co-authored (with his wife Katie) 35 books, including the bestseller Conscious Loving, used as a primary text in universities around the world. In 2003, Gay co-founded The Spiritual Cinema Circle, which distributes inspirational movies and conscious entertainment to subscribers in 70+ countries. Gay has offered seminars worldwide and appeared on more than 500 radio and television shows, including OPRAH, CNN, CNBC, 48 HOURS and others.