Leanne Ely began creating Menu-Mailer on SavingDinner.com in 2001 to help families get back to the dinner table. Within just a few years, Readers Digest declared a new industry had been born — the menu planning industry — and Leanne was dubbed the “mother” of menu planning.
SavingDinner.com’s goal is to bring families closer together by enjoying healthy and easy-to-prepare meals. We do this by creating innovative menu planning products like Premium Menu-Mailer, which includes delicious and nutritious recipes, shopping lists and nutritional information!
SavingDinner.com also features an informative daily blog where you can find nutritional tips and tricks, delicious recipes and the tools you need to eat healthy and prepare delicious family dinners!
Getting Back Into the Kitchen & Back to Basics in This World of Digital Everything
In this episode I chat with the “mother of menu-planning,” Leanne Ely of SavingDinner.com, about her journey from a divorced, single mom struggling to make her small business work selling self-published books from the back her car, to the successful dinner diva she is today.
Leanne is a firm believer in getting back to basics not only in the kitchen, but also in life by using the dinner table to reconnect with our families and community, ultimately creating a legacy that we not simple leave behind, but emulate and live every day. As she tells me, “At the end of the day, if we have the opportunity to connect with someone, and help make their lives just that much better, then we’ve won and they’ve won. We both got something that we needed. We need each other, we need connection and we need community.”
We also talk about the lessons Leanne has learned over the course of her entrepreneurial journey, including understanding what your audience needs by developing authentic relationships, what not to do when creating your own software, the best strategies for building brand awareness and many more valuable insights.
In This Episode You Will Learn
- Lessons Learned During the Early Days of Internet Marketing
- Finding the Determination to Make a Small Business Work Despite Obstacles
- Understanding What Your Audience Needs By Developing Relationships
- What Not to Do When Building Your Own Software
- Best Strategies to Build Brand Awareness and a Loyal Following Year After Year
- Why We All Need a Strong Commitment to Personal Growth and Development
- Getting Back Into the Kitchen and Back to Basics in This World of Digital Everything
- Creating a Legacy We’re Living NOW - Why It’s Not Just Something We Leave Behind