In this episode I chat with Jason Hsiao, co-founder of Animoto, an award-winning online video maker that makes it easy for anyone to create professional marketing videos, about his journey to success since the inception of Animoto back in 2006.
Jason believes that the reason for his success comes from understanding and leveraging his own unique qualities.
Jason explains that if there were one playbook of how to succeed, then all businesses would be successful. There are so many unique qualities about every business owner and success comes from embracing and understanding those things, not copying what other people are doing.
We also take a look at what being a “video first” brand looks like, why niching down will help you create a better product or service, how to celebrate small wins and why this matters, and many more valuable business insights.
In This Episode You Will Learn
- Leveraging the Power of Video In Your Marketing Strategy
- What It Looks Like to Be a “Video First” Brand
- Why Niching Down Is So Important In Creating a Better Product or Service
- How to Figure Out Where to Create the Biggest Difference in Your Market
- Putting Word of Mouth Marketing on Social Media to Work For You
- Creating a Business Culture That Aligns With Your Deepest Values
- When It’s Time to Say Goodbye - 3 Keys to Letting People Go With Integrity
- How to Define Your Core Pillars For Greater Work-Life Balance
Jason Hsiao is the co-founder and Chief Video Officer of Animoto, an award-winning online video maker that makes it easy for anyone to create professional marketing videos. With the mission of empowering anyone to create powerful videos, Jason founded Animoto with his high school and Dartmouth College friends back in 2006. Animoto’s certified partnerships with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and the Small Business Administration give it unique insight into the changing social media and business landscape -- which may be why more than 1-million businesses around the world are already using Animoto to create marketing videos. Prior to founding Animoto, Jason was was a producer for MTV Networks and Comedy Central.